Ohio SBDC - Free Expert Business Advice

larry minor
  • Male
  • Delaware, OH
  • United States
Share on Facebook MySpace
  • Blog Posts
  • Discussions
  • Events
  • Groups
  • Photos (1)
  • Photo Albums
  • Videos

Larry minor's Friends

  • Kevin Hammond
  • Michael Bowers

larry minor's Page

Profile Information

What do you currently do, what are your business aspirations and what do you hope to benefit from by joining this community?
Graduate of CCAD. Have worked in Adv/Mktg many years. Bk/gd is Graphic Designer, Photographer, Videographer, Multi-media artist. Would like to start-up new Adv/Mktg business in Delaware, OH. Am looking for partner(s).

larry minor's Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

Comment Wall (5 comments)

You need to be a member of Ohio SBDC - Free Expert Business Advice to add comments!

Join Ohio SBDC - Free Expert Business Advice

At 4:40pm on April 21, 2009, Kevin Hammond said…
Hi Larry: I typically have office hours in Delaware on Mondays, and some Wednesdays and Fridays. Feel free to call me at the Delaware Chamber of Commerce office 740-369-6221. In addition to assisting you with your business venture, I'd like to discuss a great program we have called PROS that would be helpful as well.
At 1:19pm on April 21, 2009, karen Falter said…
Larry, I bought Business Plan Pro through Palo Alto software. Very worth it!! and received Grant Seekers Pro. It tells you every thing about Grants and then some. Go to grantseekerspro.com to learn more! If not for grant money there are many services available through the government regarding assistance in start up business. It takes alot of due diligence with a very strong business plan. Good Luck.
At 10:29pm on March 15, 2009, Kevin Hammond said…
Hi Larry.

If you are purely providing services in your advertising company, then you don't need a vendors license.

You do need to file a business name, but think of it rather as deciding what legal entity (the way your business it organized or 'set-up.') you want to choose. If you file as a Limited Liability Company (LLC), your business name is registered automatically. Most likely, I would recommend that you start out as a LLC. Just make sure that the business name you want to use is not taken before you attempt to file the LLC. Your other options would be sole proprietor or incorporation.

There is no grant money available for what you are doing. The only grant monies available is for high-tech businesses such as software, medical device, or bioscience.

Feel free to contact me further. I have office hours in Delaware if you need anything. - Kevin
At 10:06pm on March 13, 2009, Michael Bowers said…
Go here to get the forms needed to do business in the State of Ohio: http://www.development.ohio.gov/edd/1ststop/onestop/index.cfm/index.cfm

Although they keep changing the rules to take in more sales tax if you are providing marketing and advertising services you should not need a vendor's license.

Any business name needs to be registered with the Secretary of State's Office.

You can have a holding company with separate businesses under that holding entity. If the entities under the holding company are separately operating businesses with their own EIN they need to be treated as businesses and filed with the Secretary of State. If you are driving revenue of one business using separate URL's then only the business needs to be registered and the URL's just URL's.

Hope this helps let me or Kevin know what more we can do to help.
At 11:30pm on March 12, 2009, Michael Bowers said…
Thanks for joining the community. You should contact Kevin Hammond, he cover Delaware for us at the SBDC. Here is his profile: http://sbdcfreeadvice.ning.com/profile/KevinHammond. Send him a message if you would like to talk.

© 2023   Created by Tonya Wilson, SBDC.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service